Monday, May 14, 2007

1994 comics nugget (of corn)





Whew, I'm finally pretty much done with the comic for a competition. It still would have needed a lot of tweaking but...Anyway it was great to draw some comics after several years but I wish I could have just concentrated on that. Drawing just on the evenings after work and any other activities sometimes was quite tough and because I drew so periodically, there are huge differences with the "quality" between pages and even between panels.
I'm not entirely satisfied with it but I learned a lot while doing it and it certainly was a step forward. I'm gonna do a better one next time :). Of course I'm only speaking about the art because I was happy with the script that Eija wrote.
I can't post any pages from that comic just yet 'cause the competition isn't finished so here's again some really old comic pages!
It's a really corny story (the opening line "there's 2 drugdealers inside & the door is open" made me laugh out loud) but think it doesn't look that bad even though I drew it 13 years ago.
It's of course in finnish but if there are foreign readers that actually want a translation on my deep and thoughtful script here, please leave a comment :) Pages are 1-4 starting from top left to right and second row from left to right.

No comments:

Post a Comment